Friday, March 27, 2009

Storytime


Wednesday, the kids and I (plus Evan) ventured out to storytime. Rain was predicted all day, and I did not want to stay cooped up in the house with three kids. For some reason, I thought this was a good idea. They were great at storytime, but getting three kids (3 and under) in and out of the library was another story. It was barely sprinkling when we left, but by the time we got there, it was a downpour. Then, storytime was moved upstairs. This was great fun trying to get Davis & Evan up two flights of stairs when they just wanted to run and explore the library. On the way out, Avery was crying because she wanted to take some shovel home with her. Evan was screaming because he wanted a hat. Davis was crying because I couldn't hold him while dealing with the other two come-aparts. Everyone in the library was staring...I'm sure they wanted to ssh! me but I think they could tell I had no control. I really thought I was about to be on candid camera or something. Anyhoo, I finally got them out to the car and all three fell asleep on the way home. Go figure.

On a separate note-I went to lunch yesterday with three other mommies and four other kids. Everyone was GREAT! It was a miracle. There was a little red hat lady lunch going on, and several of them came by to compliment our kids and told us how cute they were. They praised us for taking them to lunch with us, because "That's the only way they are going to learn how to behave in public." They were so sweet, it made me forget about the craziness at the library and ready for a new adventure.

By the way, I have total new respect for my Mom and I am understanding why we never got to go anywhere.lol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home