Wednesday, August 20, 2008

So I had a good day

Today was one of those days where everything went smoothly and I had a wonderful day! (Now, we haven't done baths and bedtime yet, so I am posting now!!!) It makes me realize how much I LOVE being a SAHM, and how thankful I am to get days like this.

First off, Avery got dressed & ready for school with no whining. She approved of the lunch I packed for her, and even put on matching shoes. DayDay got up, ate breakfast, and played with Avery so I could get ready. (This is a rare occasion lately, he's become quite the Momma's boy!)
Next, I dropped A off at school, and it always makes me smile to see how much she loves it. I got to chat with some friends too, which always me happy.
After that, I picked up Misty who was getting her tires serviced, and we met Angelle & Michelle for breakfast. (Coffee & Bagels @ Panera=a VERY good morning). We ended up planning a weekend CROP, which is Super exciting! I haven't scrapbooked since January!
While we waited on Misty's car to get finished, we ran to Marshalls. I've never been to this store, but I scored some great deals! I got a cover-up for $5, some overalls for Davis for $3& the kids some matching Teva sandals for the beach for $2!!! You know I love a bargain, so this REALLY made my day!!!
Once I picked Avery up from school, I cleaned the carpets (the only BAD part of my day, but I won't get into that). I got the kids down for a nap in record time, and was able to clean the house. (For my OCD self, that too makes a great day!)

Now, if I had just gotten up to exercise like I said I would...And the washing machine hadn't just broke down...IT would be a PERFECT day!
But there is always tomorrow!

3 Comments:

At August 20, 2008 at 8:54 PM , Blogger Michelle and Jason said...

It was such a fun morning, wasn't it. It couldn't have gone any better for me; I mean fantastic pictures of the kids, fun with my friends, and Panera . . .

 
At August 20, 2008 at 9:29 PM , Blogger Pat Williams said...

Hope bath & bedtime were as good as the rest of you day. I'm glad you can & want to be a SAHM! Hope the washing machine can be easily repaired & not cost a fortune. Julie & Todd's dryer went out. They did get it fixed, but it was costly. Hope tomorrow is another good day for you all.
Hugs,
Pat

 
At August 21, 2008 at 5:01 PM , Blogger Gillispie Blog said...

Yes, we did have fun! I actually kept one of my tops I purchased to sell on ebay and am wearing it now!!! I loves it! You only owe me $5 for my mommy helper service.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home