Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Tastes like home

Isn't it amazing how certain smells can bring you back to a memory, just like that?!? Well, tastes are no different. Last nite, I was craving a BLT. Don't know why, I haven't had one in years. I got out all the ingredients, and made it just like my Grandma used to. As soon as I took a bite, I went back in time to a hot summer day in the kitchen at Pettusville. And I do mean hot, my Grandparents didn't believe in air conditioning :). Of course, Grandma's ingredients came straight from the garden. (And the bacon probably came straight from the shed, too!) And Grandaddy liked white bread, whereas I used sourdough. I remember how he used to just pour salt onto every bite. And wash it down with a tall glass of buttermilk. Back then, I was chugging Sundrop. Oh, the carefree days of summer and BLT's!!!
Mine couldn't compare to Grandma's, but it was really yummy. It was nice to think back to those simpler times, if only for a minute, with a smile!

3 Comments:

At August 20, 2008 at 11:05 AM , Blogger Laurel said...

love this post!

and I had a BLT last night too :)

 
At August 20, 2008 at 1:08 PM , Blogger momx2 said...

Seriously, Laurel were we separated at birth?

 
At August 20, 2008 at 4:26 PM , Blogger Laurel said...

I'm pretty sure...yeah.

My sister Pallie reads your blog and after she read it this am, she goes, "OMG La, you had a BLT last night too for the exact same reasons!"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home