Friday, October 26, 2007

Oh What a Night...



Thursday was our first nite "alone" with both kids. Basically, we played musical beds. Here is a breakdown of how it went:
8:30- Avery wants to sit in the bassinet by our bed while I watch Greys and feed Davis
8:45- Avery falls asleep in the bassinet
9:30 - Nick comes to bed, I try to put Davis in the bassinet..Avery wakes up crying and ends up staying in our bed(but goes right back to sleep :))
11:30- Davis up; I feed and change him
12:00 He is still wide awake. Nick goes to the couch.
1:35 Davis up; doesn't want to eat, just cuddle. So he, Avery and I are now in the bed (with Houser at the foot of the bed!)
2:30 - Avery wakes up crying (don't know why) but gets paci and goes back to sleep without waking Davis
3:45 Davis up; feed; back to sleep (in the bed pretty quick)
5:45- Nick leaves for work, Davis up again to eat and be changed
8:00- Avery up; I go get her juice and she actually says "GoGO bed" We lay back down and she sleeps till 9! Thank you!!!!
9:30- Everybody up! We survived.

Not sure when I slept, here and there I guess. I think Nick has realized we are gonna be 4 deep in that queen bed no matter what. He abandoned his "No paci for Davis" rule the second nite home at 3 a.m. Now, I don't know if he is too tired to care but he has quit fussing at me for putting Davis in the bed. Sometimes sleep is just more important to me! So I think we are selling our queen bed if anyone is interested....

1 Comments:

At October 26, 2007 at 12:12 PM , Blogger Anna Leigh said...

Bless your heart! I know it will be rough for a few months. I agree... sleep is more important than trying to get them to sleep in their own beds. Lilly now sleeps in her bed most of the time. They out grow it! Good luck!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home