Wednesday, April 22, 2009

18 months old!!!


My sweet little boy had his 18 month check up today. As expected, he was off the charts. Literally. I asked what percentile he was and they pointed off the paper.

Stats: 34.2 lbs
34.5 inches tall


So he is gonna be a big boy, not just chubby:) in case you were wondering. They asked me if I had contacted Nick Saban to let him know what was coming in 17 years.lol

I figure he got the biggest genes on both the Pettus & Williams side.

He loves to eat, no surprise...and is excelling physically in all areas. He isn't "behind" with his talking, but he does not have 20 words yet...
The nurse said no fear- he has three strikes against him:
1. He is a boy
2. He is the 2nd child
3. His older sister is somewhat of a talker.

In the 10 minutes the Doctor & nurse were in there, Aveyr gave her entire speech on how she wants to be a nurse when she grows up, sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, talked about the 2 Easter Egg hunts she took part in, etc. etc.etc. I think they understood why Davis doesn't talk much- he can't get a word in!!! He LOVES his Sissy though, and he wants to do everything she does. I am so glad they are so close and pray they continue to be best of friends.
(I know you are not supposed to compare...but if you are interested, here are Avery's 18 month stats. See, aren't blogs great?!?)

He has reached all the 18 month milestones. He can run, throw a ball, climb, all of which he does quite well. As most know, he is ALL boy. He can get dirty in 3 seconds and loves every minute of it. Give him a pile of muddy water and he's happy for hours.

Davis is the sweetest thing. He loves to hug and kiss and bats his little eyes at you so he can get away with murder! He is so rough in his "play," but he has such a tender spirit. Its one of my favorite things about him.

DayDay is saying some things of note:(that I can make out. He jabbers alot, but Im not entirely sure what is saying...)
1. MaMa
2. DaDa
3. hot
4. It hurt
5. cat
6. dog
7. ball
8. choochoo
9. truck

Im sure there are more, but my brain is fried tonite! Now- he is being a little too quiet, I better go check it out!

1 Comments:

At April 23, 2009 at 8:54 PM , Blogger Laurel said...

ever since you first posted about Davis playing for Bama when he was much younger and a chunk, I started showing Collin {HUGE Bama fan} his pics on the blog...and now he asks about him! LOL

so he's already got the Bama faithful waitin on the little man's recruiting day!...his favorite so far has been the pediatrician hospital bracelets being too small. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home