Thinking of Daddy
Today marks 3 years since my Dad left us and went to Heaven. Please keep all of us in your prayers today- days like this, Father's Day, his birthday...are especially hard.
March 30, 2006 was the worst day of my life. Sometimes it seems like it happened yesterday, sometimes its seems like a lifetime ago since I've talked to him.
It's really hard now, because Avery has started to figure out my "Daddy" isn't here. She knows Papa Steve from pictures and stories, but she doesn't know him. She asks me why he is in heaven, why he couldn't stay here... and honestly, I don't have an answer for her yet.

This is my favorite picture of my Dad and I. This is how I like to remember him: smiling, good-looking, funny, and smart. Before the terrible cancer took him over.
I'm not trying to have a pity party today, my blog is my therapy, so I just write how I feel. All my faithful readers, Please give your Dad an extra hug today!


9 Comments:
This makes me tear up a little bit for you...I just can't imagine. I will be thinking about you, your sisters and mom today.
Thinking of all of you today.
Lacy, I've been thinking about you guys all day. You know I love you; if you need a shoulder to cry on or someone to make you laugh, just give me a ring. You know I'll always be here for you!
awww.... I am so thinking of you and praying for you Lacy!!! You are an amazing woman and mother and I know your Daddy is so proud of you!
I know you love and miss your dad every day. I'm thinking about and praying for you and your family.
i can't even imagine losing my dad, so i don't even remotely know how you feel. but, you are a great person and i know your dad is so proud of you! i will definately pray for you and your family.
That's the way I rememeber him...Smiling and strong. Your dad was so special to so many people.
Every time you make a post like this, I feel like you're speaking for me.
You would think at some point these "days" would get easier, and maybe they do.
I'm just reading this today, but will send some prayers your direction.
How strange, we may have talked about this...my dad is Grandpa Steve too.
I lost my Dad when I was only 4 months and 3 days old. I do not have the special memories that you have of your Dad. I always think of him on the same days that you think of yours. Treasure your moments that you spent together. Keep his memory alive thru sharing stories with your children.By the way, I know Amanda and Leanne. I always check your blog. Sorry that you are feeling blue.....
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home