Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy

Today is my Dad's birthday. I thought today, instead of sharing something myself, I would post some things people have written to me about my Dad. I will let you guys do the talking. Enjoy.

From my Fall post:

What a beautiful tribute to your Dad.

I started tearing up from the first few lines and then it just flowed all the way through. Thanks for sharing this.

Be especially grateful you've written these thoughts down.

Love You!

PS-that country song you referred to needs to be taken OFF the radio...because it's way to sad/sweet and I've almost wrecked over it. ;)


Thanks for sharing all those thoughts about your dad. It makes me realize some things I need to appreciate more in my own dad.


Lacy, I know this is a difficult time for you, and I apologize for being so self-absorbed in my own self-pity that I haven't really focused on the needs of you, my friend. But, you are always in my thoughts and prayers, and I am so blessed to have you as part of my life. Your parents did such a wonderful job raising such loving, friendly girls . . . like you said in the card you sent me after my grandfather's death, I know your dad and my grandfather are looking down from Heaven commenting on how proud they are of us. Your dad is, no doubt in my mind, bragging about you and your kids to everybody up there. And, he has come to know Davis, maybe in a deeper way than even you know him. You know how babies have those little spontaneous smiles? Well, to me, they are smiling at angels - like your dad. I love ya, girl; and I'm only a phone call away (no matter where you are).


I hope one day that someone says things about me that are half that noble. WOW! What a great man!


You are in my thoughts and my prayers. I completely understand what you are feeling. My father passed away almost five years ago, and there are still certain times of the year that bring back so many emotions. I wish my father had lived to see my son too. My father thought an awful lot of your father. They both loved the schools they worked in for so many years. Even years after he left Tanner for the central office, my dad still played the piano every spring at graduation. You are so strong to be able to put your emotions out there for others to share.


Very nice, Lacy. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.


I couldn't agree with your description of your Dad more! I loved working for your Dad. I appreciate all he did for me. I remember one time being in his office and having to make a big job decision and being upset and he talked with me and encouraged me. I am such a sensitive person and I think he knew what people needed and he gave it to them. I needed someone to listen and guide me and he did that. He said "Lori, I'm going to tell you just like I'd tell one of my own girls"...and from that statement I knew he cared about me and my future. I admired him so much and I will never forget him!


My heart breaks for you girl. There is nothing like the bond between a father and daughter and I cannot imagine the loss you must still feel on a daily basis. You babies will know your Dad through you in the stories, pictures, and memories you share with them. I bet he is so proud of the woman you are!

You are 100 per cent right about your dad...I miss him and know how much he loved Elkmont and his girls.
He was one of a kind.


From his birthday post

Oh, Lacy. My heart is breaking just reading this. I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you! But, please know that we're here for you if you need anything. I love you, girl!


very sweet and precious. i know how you feel and share the heartache, but know that he is seeing avery and davis and perhaps is one of their angels. we don't know these things or understand them, but we will someday. love you.


This was beautiful! Your dad is more with you then you'll ever fully realize. And I'm positive he's smiling down with pride at the wonderful mother his daughter has become.


God bless you & all of the precious memories you have of your daddy. I truly do understand how you feel.

I am thinking about you today and said a little prayer for you this morning, I can't imagine what it is like for you. I am here for you, whatever you need.


Reading this makes me think of my own Dad, who pulled us behind the truck in the snow, hugged me when I got my diploma (he was on the ABS board then) and is a bit of a tightwad, too! I can't imagine not being able to just pick up the phone and call him, and it's hard for me to imagine what you, your mom, Leigh and Ivy have gone through at such a young age. I see how much joy my Dad gets from playing with all his grandkids and watching their antics, and I know your Dad is smiling down on Davis, too - and laughing at Avery's fashion sense! He sees and loves you all still.


Lacy, I was just checking your web and saw you and your Dad's picture.
Oh how I wish he could be here with ya'll. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of him and how much he loved ya'll.
God called him home before we were ready but he has him in his care.
I'm thinking of ya'll.

Just a day early, wasn't sure if you knew. But none the less, our feelings are still the same. This made me cry, probably because I hold a lot inside about him. I miss him so much too, and wish everyday he could be here to enjoy life and his grandchildren. I hope he is watching us and protecting us. I'd like to think he is.

Lacy, Thank you for saying those
things about papa.I hope he is watching down on us. He would be so proud of all you. And he would love Riley, Avery and Davis. I miss him so much. I wish everyday we had just one more day with him.
Thanks for giving me Avery and Davis. They are my life. Without
them I would have never made it these past year and a half.


Lacy~
Loved the tribute to your daddy...i remember him quite well. I can't even imagine..I'm one of those daddy's girls too. and WOW--Didn't realize how much Davis looks like your daddy until the pics you just posted..He is definately looking down on you girls..and I know he is so proud of all of you!

Ali said...
I know ya'll miss him more and more everyday, I know I do. I like to think Uncle Steve is looking down on us and getting a good laugh. He is probably thinking in his head of a better way for us to be doing everything :)
We love and miss all of you!


Oh, Lacy. This made me cry. I think so much of him. He is one of the best. Thinking of you today.

Lacy~ Your words were so wonderful about your dad, it brought tears to my eyes. I am sure he is with you and your children everyday. Always remember a little of your dad is in your children.

lacy, i cried when i saw steve's pic. i will never understand never. i had him longer than you did and i miss him so so much. when i think of him i picture him smiling, which he did a lot. he was the anchor for us 7 the voice of reasoning. so many good childhood memories. i would like to think he and aunt martha are on the same cloud somewhere i know they are laughing and smiling smiling down on those precious babies. don't ever let those babies not know who these two are and uncle ben too, show them pictures tell them stories don't let these babies miss knowing these wonderful people. they played such a special place in my life and heart, i can't imagine my life without them having been in it. love to all..


"Lacy,
I loved your Dad the summer I graduated I worked at the school and he was so funny. Not the pricipal type at all. So to him happy birthday and to you I will pray today you have fond memories."

4 Comments:

At February 11, 2009 at 1:50 PM , Blogger BlessedMom said...

This is such a beautiful post! Loss is hard. Slowly it gets easier, but the sadness never goes away.

 
At February 11, 2009 at 2:01 PM , Blogger Radiant Rubies Thirty One Team! said...

Happy Birthday to your daddy! Love you...

 
At February 11, 2009 at 3:01 PM , Blogger Jenny G said...

I am thinking of you today and hope your heart is full of good memories of your daddy.

 
At February 11, 2009 at 9:21 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lacy, You are in my prayers today:) I am so glad that you have so many wonderful memories of your father. He was obviously a wonderful person. Thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home