Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Thought for the Day

So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand.
Romans 7:21


When you decide to do something that corresponds with the heart of God, train yourself to expect opposition. The fruit that comes from taking a stand for what is right is far more rewarding, long-term, than the false sense of instant gratification that comes with responding to fleshly desires.



I am not attempting to preach to anyone, but I subscribe to a daily bible verse, and today's was so good, I had to share. This is so true!!!

2 Comments:

At January 15, 2009 at 7:10 AM , Blogger Gillispie Blog said...

Oh girl, I say preach on! My mother use to tell me "If the devil is not knocking at your door, he must already live there." We just have to keep striving to be more like Jesus and tell the evil one to get behind us! I needed that, thanks for posting it!

 
At January 15, 2009 at 7:25 AM , Blogger Pat Williams said...

Thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home