Happy Birthday Davis!
Every good & perfect gift is from above...James 1:17

Dear Sweet Baby Boy,
Happy First Birthday! I knew this would go by fast, but I never imagined THIS fast. You are not even awake yet, but I'm sure I will hear you in a minute, bouncing in your crib, and grinning ear to ear when I walk in to get you. It's my favorite part of the day! A year ago today, I went in for a routine checkup, and ended up having you two hours later...and my life has never been the same.
When we found out you were going to be a boy, I admit, I was a little nervous. What in the world was I going to do with a boy? I grew up with all girls & had gotten used to the girliest of them all for 18 months, Avery. The minute you entered this world, however, you grabbed a big piece of my heart and have never let go. A day does not go by that I don't thank the Lord for you and all of the joy you have brought to our lives. Your smile, your "sparkling little eyes"(as big Sis says), your fat legs....all make everyone want to hug you tight.
You are getting around so well, much the daredevil in fact. You are into things I never even thought about with Avery, but I guess boys will be boys. And I love how much you love your Mommy. You are quite the Momma's boy now, and I cherish that, because I know it won't be long when you will want to head to the golf course or the ballfield with Daddy. That may sound selfish, but I love you so much my heart can barely hold it all in, and its nice to know you love me back.
You adore your sister, which makes my heart smile. I worried about Avery being jealous, about you not 'getting' your big sis, but it all worked out perfectly. You smile so big when she walks in the room, and (for now) hang on her every word and do whatever she says. I know those days won't last long either :)
I love how you run(well, waddle) to the door when Daddy gets home, and don't take your eyes off him until he picks you up. You love your Daddy too, and seem mesmerized by his presence. I pray you will always have a close relationship.
The first year has been amazing, and I know each year to come will be even better and more memorable. For now, I will enjoy cuddling you and giving you kisses while I can. Happy Birthday!
We love you,
Mommy, Daddy & Avery


15 Comments:
Wow. This year has gone by in a HURRY, hasn't it?
Happy Birthday, Davis! Your mommy is right - you are one special little boy. Hope you all have a great day.
Happy Birthday Davis.
enjoy your cake!
Wow...very beautiful words Lacy. A nice thing to read as I'm about to head out the door on a rainy, cool morning. Reminds me of the things that really matter!! Happy Birthday Davis. - MJ
Happy Birthday Davis!
How Sweet! It is amazing how fast the time has gone. Happy Birthday Mr. Davis, enjoy the all the celebrations, and mommy, you enjoy them as well!
how sweet and so true! little boys love their mommies and that will never change! sorry i missed sending the message on the day.....but happy birthday sweet baby boy! love you so much! hope to see you this weekend. su-su
listen MJ, when I go back to work I won't have such a good attitude!!!
Happy Birthday Baby Davis!!
Lacy,
Your post brought tears to my eyes!
I hope he has a great first birthday!
Happy Birthday, Davis! It has been so wonderful sharing this first year with you, and I'm looking forward to comparing notes in the years to come! Have a terrific day!
Your Buddy,
Ian
Lacy - what a great birthday message to Davis. Jeb just turned 2 on 9/22, can't believe two years have already flown by. He is just growing so much and like you when we were told we were having a boy I was so nervous and thought what will I do but he is truly the sweetest thing and at time a little devil!! He is all boy that is for sure!! They are just so sweet. Enjoy his big day!! Tell Nick hello for us.
Elizabeth Blanton
Happy Birthday Day-Day! Lace, you did a great job on your post. Hope you all have a wonderful day celebrating Davis' first year. See you Saturday! luv, Christie
Happy Birthday Davis!!! What an awesome blog, Lacy.
Ok...so I laughed with Avery's funnies and now I am crying with this beautifully amazing post! WOW!
Happy Birthday, Davis!
Hope Davis had a great birthday! I'm sorry I didn't realize when I saw you guys this morning that his birthday had already snuck up on us! Looks like you had lots of fun celebrating. We've decided that 1 year old is definitely a FUN time!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home