A day in the life
In the car today, I was scanning the radio and heard the end of a conversation about stay-at-home-MOMS. I am sure there were two sides, but the call I heard was something like, I could never stay home. I mean, what do they do all day?
Well,anonymous caller, in case you are reading (fat chance), I thought I would give you the details of a typical day in my SAHM life.
6:15:Davis up. Feed & change him. Let dogs out.
6:20 make coffee. Play with DayDay
6:45 feed dogs, take laundry from dryer, start another load
7:00 fold laundry
7:15 check email (and blogs:)
7:30 start packing for weekend-we are going to a wedding
7:45 Davis getting fussy, put him in high chair and feed breakfast
8:15 Avery up. Take her to potty, get juice, fix cheerios
8:30 iron clothes for weekend, fold last load of laundry
9:00 Get Davis down for nap
9:15 break up fight between dogs over A's uneaten cheerios
9:20 empty dishwasher, pack bottles, formula, and baby food
9:30 finish packing
9:40 potty, diaper changes, get clothes on
10:00 Kids, Me and Dogs in Car ready to go
10:15 Dogs dropped off for the weekend
10:25 Meet MOMS club friends at Park
11:00 pick up prescription
11:10 pick up dress and tie at dry cleaners
11:30 get gas
11:45 go to eye doctor, get A's glasses fixed (AGAIN)
12:15 buy replacement lens cover for camera
Ok, anyone else notice its only lunchtime?!?
I won't bore you with anymore timelines, but I also managed to:drive to my Mom's, meet up with Nicole, stay the afternoon with Lori, eat dinner with Ivy, Clay & Riley, meet Leigh & Josh's softball game, and catch up on some phone calls.
So anonymous caller, what did you do today?


4 Comments:
LOL! You go, girl! I decided a long time ago that the term "bored housewife" was coined by guys who only wanted to sell porn and didn't actually know any SAHMs. I can't remember sitting down long enough to be bored even for a minute in the past 3 1/2 years!
If you're still in town Saturday, add "swing by Rebekah's new house" to your to-do list. Be careful, though - I might put you to work!
What are you talking about? You completely forgot to mention the 3 hours of soaps you watched and the gallon of ice cream you ate!! ;)
Amen! I love it! I almost fell out when a friend (who din't have children yet) asked me that one time. I also heard a story recently of a man that got home from work and the whole house was a mess and everything was out of control... he thought something bad was wrong with his wife so he ran through the house looking for her...finding her in a chair sitting. He asked her if she was okay and what had happened. She told him, "You know who you are always wondering what I do all day? Well, today I didn't do any of it."
Have a great weekend!
Hats off to all of you SAHMs. Your priorities are in the right order!
Hugs,
Pat
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home