Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Its not the journey, its the destination?






What does it take to get to your neigborhood pool? Apparently a run in with a police officer and breaking an entering.

I woke up this morning with high hopes for a fun day. Head to the gym, then treat myself and the kiddos with a trip to the pool. I packed diaper bags, a cooler of water, towels, sunscreen, etc. I even remembered my camera, since this would be Davis's first trip to the pool.
Leave the gym, get almost to the pool, and realize I forgot the key to get in. This wouldn't be a big deal, but I was meeting Devon who also has two kiddies, two and under. Time is of the essence once you tell a 2 year old you are going to the pool.So anyhooo, I head home going a little too fast (50 in a 40 and it was DOWNHILL!!!) and I got a ticket. First one since college. I tried to talk him out of it with no luck. Maybe it was because Avery was yelling from the back seat "Don't be o-gee!(ugly)" I had told her the mean man was keeping us from getting the key and getting to the pool....
So, we finally make it to the pool and wouldn't you know it, my key would not work. Devon and I contemplated scaling the fence and even asked the landscaping guy to let us in, with no luck. Then I remembered I had a big gift in a big box the back of the car....
I climbed on it, got over the fence and let everyone in.
After that we had a very fun time! Davis enjoyed the kiddie pool for the most part and even took a little nap while we were there.
I just hope this is NOT a preview to our Summer!!!

3 Comments:

At May 7, 2008 at 8:04 PM , Blogger Jenny G said...

AHHH HAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAA, where are the pictures of you standing on this big box climbing over the fence???? The Y pool this afternoon was so much easier!

 
At May 7, 2008 at 8:08 PM , Blogger Laurel said...

so where's the picture of you on top of the box climbing over the fence!?! haha ;)

cute cute pics!

 
At May 7, 2008 at 8:33 PM , Blogger BlessedMom said...

That was the perfect title!! I have to give your credit for staying very cool under all the pressure!

I had a fantastic time!!! Where are my pictures!

And Jenny...the Y pool might have been easier to get into, but we had the entire place to ourselves!! It was fabulous!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home