My Baby Girl is 2!!!


Let me just say it is bittersweet. I remember Devon saying its sad because you can't say they are "months" anymore. She is 2! I can't believe two years ago today, our parents were scrambling around, cancelling Christmas plans, and rushing down to Auburn (Avery was 3 weeks early!) I remember it like it was yesterday. Nick and I were so nervous, yet so amazed at how quickly we fell in love with our baby girl. That nite in the hospital, the nurses came in, put Avery in a stocking, and sang Silent nite. It was a special moment we both will treasure forever. And on Christmass 2005, we got the best gift anyone could ask for, we took our baby girl home. She has been such a joy since day one. I learned how to be "mommy" with Avery and I thank her for her patience and unconditional love. She and I have been through alot together, and I don't think I would have made it through my Dad's passing if it hadn't been for her. Not only is she my daughter, she's my little buddy. I genuinely enjoy hanging with Avery and I miss her terribly when I'm away from her, even for a just a day! Ok. Enough emotional business, lets talk Avery.In honor of her 2nd birthday, here are some of her faves:
1. SONG: used to be B-I-B-L_E, but now its Jingle Bells and Baby its cold outside
2. COLOR: purple
3. FOOD: cheese, goldfish, and french fries. in that order
4. ACTIVITY: dancing, singing, and coloring, (and dress up, but that usually goes along with Dancing)
5. "FRIENDS" Elmo and Barbie
Loves: Animals, baths, cleaning, (yes she's ocd like her mommy)talking on the phone, horseplay with Daddy, putting on makeup & painting her toes, going to the mall and wal-mart, shoes, reading books, and playing with her friends
Hates: Getting dressed, having a dirty diaper, & not getting my cell phone when she wants it
Now to brag, Avery: speaks sentences, knows her ABC's, can count to 10 (sometimes skipping 5 and 6), and knows all her shapes & colors! What a smart girl!
Happy Birthday Avery Bug. WE LOVE YOU!


4 Comments:
Happy, happy birthday, sweet girl! We can't wait to see you again soon!
Happy Birthday Avery! Sweet post, mom!
Happy birthday to Avery! You have every right to be a proud mama.
I'm just now seeing this post--guess I missed it in all of the Christmas fun. What a joyful blessing our "Avery Bug" is!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home