Friday, October 5, 2007

A Bad Day

I have not been negative on my blog since I started in July, and here I am writing two negative posts in a week....Ok actually this isnt so negative because now that I am home, it is pretty comical.
You know that song they played on American Idol all the time? So you had a bad day...that pretty much sums up my morning. Sometimes I wish my life were a sitcom. If you need a laugh, here goes...

I woke up about 7 in severe pain from my cracked rib and pulled back muscles. Fun fun. After breakfast and some playtime, Avery was in a good, upbeat mood, so I decided to get our errands done early before lunch so we could relax this afternoon.
Both Nick and my keyless entries had just stopped working,so I thought I would get that fixed today before we had a new baby and no time. I called Ivan Leonard, who said it should only take a few minutes, come on in. Of course, we get there and they are backed up. They think since both stopped working it was something internal and would take a while to fix. They took one look at Avery running all over the waiting room and offered me a rental car for the day. Things were going great, then here's what happened next.
1. I go to grab some things out of my car and drop my (glass) frappucino all over the parking lot and in the way of a car about to pull in.
2. When the promised van arrives, the guy takes out my car seat but says he can't install it into the rental car due to insurance. So I try to wrestle Avery, lock in the car seat, and keep my rear end from flashing everyone all at the same time. (Yes I wore a skirt, pants are now cutting off my circulation)
3. Now, Avery has a come apart. She thinks I am leaving her in the van alone, forever. She starts screaming "Mommys car! Mommys car!" At the top of her lungs.
4. The guy drives us over to Enterprise and THEN informs us we won't actually be taking the van. We have to go inside and fill out paper work and get ANOTHER car. In the meantime, all of our stuff is locked up in the rental van. This is when Avery decides to wet through her diaper and it leaks on to her pants, in which she precedes to roll around on the floor and make a stain. And of course, diapers are the van and my emergency bag with a change of clothes and more wipes are back at Ivan Leonard in the Suburban.
5. Ok, starting to stress, and after 45 minutes or so, they say they have a car ready for us. It is a Jetta. No offense to Jettas, I love em. But They are NOT meant for a 5"10, 10 months pregnant woman!! So go back to the whole installing the car seat thing...
(see #2), get that done and Avery strapped in.
6. The car smells like a bar-cigarettes, beer, I don't know what. I almost puke. Even the lady says, if this is too much for you to stand, we can wait on another car. I tell her I will just deal with it because I need to go.
7. Wait, it gets better- As I drive away, I realize the seat wont lay back. I am sitting straight up and almost popping out of the roof. It will move backwards a little, but that really doesn't help.I bet I looked like one of those clowns in the little cars at the circus!
At this point, I don't care, I head for the first store I see and buy Avery a skirt. I get her cleaned up and finish my errands. Now I am just relaxing on my heating pad, waiting on the call to return this rental car. Seriously, would this be a great reality show or what?!?

4 Comments:

At October 5, 2007 at 1:56 PM , Blogger Michelle and Jason said...

That totally stinks (no pun intended)! But, I did have to giggle at the image of you sitting straight up in a Jetta; one day soon, maybe you can look back on the whole experience and laugh, too :)

 
At October 5, 2007 at 2:26 PM , Blogger BlessedMom said...

I can't believe you continued to run errands. I would called the day a bust and given up. :)

 
At October 5, 2007 at 2:36 PM , Blogger McKt said...

Yes, I cannot believe you finished your plans. I would have headed home with my cookies and ice cream and bribed Avery to sit quietly and watch a movie. :)

 
At October 5, 2007 at 10:06 PM , Blogger Jenny G said...

Ok, I made it through this entire post without laughing, I was feeling your pain and truely pouting for how awful your day was and in your condition, it is just compounded, however, when I looked at the picture of you in the Jetta, I chuckled a little, I'm sorry, next time call one of us with a BIGGER car!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home