Monday, January 26, 2009

Up to the Challenge

Ok Mandy...I loved reading about your day and I am honoring your request to tell you & the other bloggers out there all about it.
For those of you who do not know Mandy-she has FIVE boys! My day is nowhere near as eventful as hers, but I will tell nonetheless. I even snapped some pictures along the way. I think Nick secretly believes I have an "easy' job at home so this is for him too.

6:15_ I am up. I would've slept till 7 or so but the dogs woke me up and I couldn't go back to sleep. Coffee is brewing by 6:30

I mop the floor, put in a load of laundry, & check emails before Davis wakes up.

7:15: DayDay is up and at 'em with a big smile. Nick follows soon after, and of course the Princess is last to wake up.

8:00 fix breafast, eat breakfast, clean up breakfast.

I just noticed that Avery is dumping out the juice from her straw...

8:45: Chat with Michelle & put in a Thirty-One order. Thought the kids were watching Max & Ruby- they snuck out and dumped a whole container of cat food on the floor. NO one will fess up to it.

9:30: For some crazy reason, I decided to clean out my jewelry chest. Bad idea...Davis was throwing earrings across the room and breaking bracelets. Avery was silently stealing all she could.

10:30 Need some direction. We get the "castle" out to play. We have pretend Gymboree. I go to the man room to mop. Its gross out there.



I come back to the kitchen...
Apparently the Castle Party has turned into a Tea Party with cheese. That is shredded cheese everywhere.


11:30 Clean up that mess, throw in some laundry, unload dishwasher, do a little art work

12:00 fix lunch, eat lunch, clean-up lunch


1:00 -Read some stories, and then...

1:30-3:15 I don't usually get this lucky, but both kids took a nap!

I do another load of laundry, sweep, organize my 31 stuff, and of course, I checked email and FB!

4:00- We have fruitsnacks and juice & decide to take the artwork to the computer...



5:00. Avery wants to get out the playdough. Most of the rest of that consisted of trying to keep Davis from eating said play-dough.



5:45 I plant the kids in front of the TV (sorry) so I can start supper. Calliou and Chicken Casserole. In that order. I made up the recipe. And it was yum yum good....but I digress.

TV didnt hold the interest long enough so I let them help me. Here they are smashing the crackers for the topping.



6:30 eat supper, clean up supper, give kids baths

7:00 start baths over, Avery tee teed in the tub.

Meanwhile...Daddy got home! (rather late tonite)



8:30 One last game-pushing Davis in Mommy's Chili CHallenge bin- before bed.



9:00 One down, one to go

Oh and I didn't even mention all the OTHER things I was doing while doing those listed above. But ya'll you MOM's just took that as a given, right?! We are all multi-taskers.

Oh Mommies, I wanna hear about your day.

3 Comments:

At January 26, 2009 at 9:55 PM , Blogger Jenny G said...

I love that Avery was in a dress up gown all day!

 
At January 26, 2009 at 10:43 PM , Blogger mandy smith said...

ok...that was awesome! I am so inspired! I love all the details. Isn't is amazing that we live like maids yet we enjoy doing it (sometimes) because we love our kids! I usually put on the tv while I make dinner too. I am going to try to do this post again and take some pics this time. Good job!

 
At January 27, 2009 at 8:05 AM , Blogger Leanne Helums said...

I am impressed. I think that I will have to try listing all that I do in a day. It is really amazing what all we can get done in a day.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home