Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Thanks

Before I can even wrap my head around the events of the past two days to post details, I wanted to thank several people. We would not have survived the hospital visit without you! (In alphabetical order- we appreciate everyone equally :))

Angelle, Devon, Jenny, Michelle & Misty: Oh 6 pack, you guys need a post all your own. Somewhere in the craziness of the night, I grabbed Nick's phone to call & get someone to take Davis home. He had Devon's number. I think I only got out three or four words: avery, hospital, Davis, come....Before Shelby hospital even had Avery stabilized, Devon had sent out the bat signal and everyone was there. Angelle took DayDay to Michelle's house, where he stayed until we came home from Children's the next day. I know Michelle wanted to be there, but it was such a relief to know Davis was not only in safe hands, but happy during this ordeal. Everyone else stayed by my side through it all, even after the flight & transfer to Childrens. I finally made them leave at 2 a.m. when the CT scan came back with good results. I didn't seem too calm at the time, I'm sure, but just having them there helped me tremendously. Even the husbands were calling, praying, and checking on my baby girl. And it didn't end there. I had countless calls, emails, texts, and visits after I got home. Words cannot express how wonderful it is to know what amazing friends I have here in Birmingham,. They know our "Moms" live 2 hours away, and they dropped everything to help us out and give us moral support. I love you all.

Cayce & Christie: As soon as we made it to the hospital and realized it was not looking good, I told Nick to call them. They remained calm and helped be the voice of reason throughout the process. They too stayed with us until we made them leave in the wee hours of the morning. Cayce was even calling Childrens (where he works), arranging critical care transport and making sure we got the royal treatment when we arrived. I was so glad to have both of them there to help ask questions and tell me what wass going on.

My FAMILY: Nick called everyone else, I was a little too upset to talk. My Mom and Leigh wCanted to drive down in the middle of the night to check on Aves and get Davis. Ivy, Clay, Todd, Julie, Ben, Linz, and everyone else were calling to check on her whenever they got a chance. I know it killed them all not to be there, but it meant alot to have everyone praying for her. Nana and Papa came down yesterday to visit and Nana spent the nite. Leigh had sent some surprises for Avery, some of which were clothes, which was the only thing that cheered her up yesterday!

PICU staff at Children's hospital: These guys were AMAZING. SOOOOOO much better than Shelby, but I won't get into that. The minute we arrived at Childrens, I felt a sigh of relief. They took such wonderful care of Avery, and seemed to really, truly care about her. Thanks so much especially to Heather, Mickey and Kristy.

EVERYBODY ELSE: (esp. MJ, Lori and Nicole- calling and texting all day) When I got around to checking phone messages & emails, I couldn't believe the response. So many people were praying for Avery, no wonder she came out of it o.k. People were even calling my friends and family to check on her. Thanks again to everyone, we really appreciate it. Avery is such a special girl and she leaves an impression on everyone she meets. She is almost back to normal, I will be very glad when that sparkle gets back in her eye.

11 Comments:

At July 8, 2008 at 5:23 PM , Blogger Radiant Rubies Thirty One Team! said...

We were praying when we heard she was at the hospital. What happened? I didn't catch that...I hope all is well. We are still praying.

 
At July 8, 2008 at 5:40 PM , Blogger Ali said...

What happened?

 
At July 8, 2008 at 7:48 PM , Blogger lvining said...

Do I have it right that it was a febral(?) seizure? If so, my nephew had one around the same age as Avery and it scared us to death...but on a positive note, he hasn't had another one since...he's 7 now. We are glad she is doing better. You are in our prayers!

 
At July 8, 2008 at 8:20 PM , Blogger mary jo said...

So glad things are getting back to normal. Been thinking about and praying for ya'll. Call me when you have a minute to catch your breath. Love you all, MJ

 
At July 8, 2008 at 8:21 PM , Blogger mary jo said...

So glad things are getting back to normal. Been thinking about and praying for ya'll. Call me when you have a minute to catch your breath. Love you all, MJ

 
At July 8, 2008 at 9:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't know what happened, but I hope and pray all is well.

 
At July 8, 2008 at 10:13 PM , Blogger Rebekah D. said...

Glad she's doing better and that you have so many "angels" watching out for you. We'll keep her in our prayers.

 
At July 9, 2008 at 9:59 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear Avery is doing better---Mommy too! Didn't know until just now but will definitely say a prayer of thanks & keep the prayers going. Love you all--Della

 
At July 9, 2008 at 1:02 PM , Blogger BlessedMom said...

I don't think you could've kept us away!! We love you!

 
At July 9, 2008 at 2:55 PM , Blogger Michelle and Jason said...

Lacy, I was sooooo happy to have been able to help in any way possible! No thanks are needed; I'm just glad that today everything seems to be getting back on track! Love you!

 
At July 9, 2008 at 10:18 PM , Blogger Gillispie Blog said...

YOu, Nick and those babies mean the world to all of us. We are so glad that your baby is back home and healthy!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home