Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th!

I hope everyone had a fun, relaxing day like we did. Nick had to work in the morning, but we had a quiet day together at home with the kids. We even napped! This afternoon, Nick grilled some wings for our big picnic and Fireworks show. We met Ben and Linz at UAB, (super early) to set up our own "tailgate."
The First Annual Evans/Williams 4th of July Extravaganza was awesome, complete with potato and pasta salad, ribs, wings, sweet tea, and banana pudding. It does not get any better than that!

Avery appointed herself the welcoming committee for our spot. She met every family that started to set up, introduced herself, told them who everyone was at our "picnic," and then laid down her blankie with them like she was their long, lost sister. Then when the next people would come along, she'd move on.
Davis crawled around everywhere except our blanket. Everytime you looked away for a second, he was trying to eat grass, mulch, or play with the ants. He was a trooper, staying up way past his bedtime to enjoy the show. He actually watched a good bit of it!

We were a little disappointed with the fireworks. I guess Mayor Langford spent all the fireworks money on the sewer debt and the Superdome. They were longer and better last year, but the Avery really enjoyed it. She would say "wow!" or "They are so beautiful" or "Look at all the colors!" She even whined when they were over. "Fireworks not gone gone!"

Everything was great until Nick decided we would wait out the traffic and shoot our own fireworks. He had some firecracker things that shot off 1000 at a time. It scared the living daylights out of Avery. She ducked and covered like she was in the army! She kept saying "Daddy scare me." I think she might be scarred for life, Thanks Daddy. In the car on the way home, she told me I needed to "put Daddy in timeout and spank his bottom."

God Bless the USA

pictures coming soon

1 Comments:

At July 5, 2008 at 9:08 AM , Blogger Radiant Rubies Thirty One Team! said...

Your kiddos are hilarious! I laugh everytime. I only hope Marysa will have half their personality. I love reading your blog!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home