Thursday, May 15, 2008

Monday is D-Day

And Im not talking about the best known D-Day:June 6, 1944 — the day on which the Invasion of Normandy began — commencing the Western Allied effort to liberate mainland Europe from Nazi occupation during World War II. (sorry the History teacher in me had to come out for a minute.)

Monday, May 19- I am writing this down so I won't chicken out- is no more Diapers Day. I have put it off long enough. Avery is by far smart enough, but we havent started because:
1. She is quite stubborn
2. The thought of not leaving the house for a week terrifies me

So say a little prayer, I am starting full-force Monday. And please Mommies out there, I would love ANY and ALL tips.

9 Comments:

At May 15, 2008 at 6:59 PM , Blogger Laurel said...

I'm not a mom, so I'm not help...
I just want to say: bless you and your sanity! just think of it this way..I'm sure this experience with Miss. A will make for some great blog stories!
xoxo

 
At May 15, 2008 at 8:52 PM , Blogger Becky said...

We set a timer for about 45 minutes-everytime it went off, we'd go sit on the potty for a few minutes. After a while, it finally started to sink in. One thing's in your favor- I hear girls learn faster than boys! Good luck!

 
At May 16, 2008 at 12:23 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO pullups or diapers! She will not like the wet panties! I promise. It will seem like forever but it will only be a couple days!
Good Luck to Avery! & to you of course....

 
At May 16, 2008 at 7:55 AM , Blogger Says Ms. Copenhaver... said...

Give her a coke! It was what finally worked w/Cate. No diapers/pullups on though. Take the potty with you wherever you go. (you can have ours if yours in portable) Cate sat in the front seat of my car many days while we were out and about and pottied! Much more convenient than trying to run to a bathroom somewhere. Stay outside if you can...then you don't have to clean the tee tee up AND you can just hose her off!

 
At May 16, 2008 at 8:20 AM , Blogger Sissy Baugher Brown said...

our pediatrician made me or brent (brent who can draw better) draw a fish bowl on a piece of paper...and tape it beside the potty...every time he went to pee-pee he got to put a fish sticker in the aquarium...when he did the other he got to put two stickers on there and get a treat...when the aquarium was full he got to give it to someone special...??? it worked for us?

 
At May 16, 2008 at 11:55 AM , Blogger Rebekah D. said...

Good luck! I know you will able to handle it just fine. I'm not the best person to offer advice about potty training, b/c I've kind of just figured it out as I go along, but I agree that the two things that have worked best for us are to set the timer and make Brody go at least every hour, whether he says he needs to or not, and to abandon the Pull-Ups once you get for real. He's been great for a long time about pooping in the potty, but it wasn't until we switched to cloth underpants that he really decided peeing on himself wasn't so fun after all!

 
At May 16, 2008 at 1:46 PM , Blogger The Keoughs said...

My first response is "DONT DO IT!!!!" Staying inside for 1 week? seriously? I've left the house 3 times in the past month---but then I said to myself "don't scare her off, that's just plain mean' so, my response is be greatful...be so greatful that you are not doing 2 at the same time.
If you need someone to cry to you can call me. I will be happy to let you know how easy you have it.

 
At May 17, 2008 at 10:07 AM , Blogger BlessedMom said...

You'll be so proud of your her and yourself once you get through it!! I'll be rooting you both on. I'm sure I'll pop in at some point to see how things are going.

 
At May 18, 2008 at 9:05 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

good luck, lace..........her great aunt su-su rebelled her potty training and would go behind the beds, chairs, etc and mess up her big-girl panties!!! i did that and almost drove mama mot crazy, until ONE day she paddled my butt real good with the panties full!!! no more after that for su-su! avery makes me think of myself, so tuck that under your cap. ha! love ya!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home