A Day Without Kids
Sometimes I wonder, "What do people do on Saturday if they do not have children?" Well, yesterday, I got to find out. I started out the morning at the SPA. Nick had gotten me a facial and massage for Valentine's Day, so I went to cash it in. It was wonderful. I had total quiet for 2 hours, except for the crazy chatty Cathy in the steam room.... After that rejuvenation, I went to cash in another gift card from Emma's. I had forgotten what it is like to shop and actually talk to the salespeople without chasing a child around the store. That was also nice, but I admit the quiet got boring and by the time I came home to an empty house, I was talking to myself. ALOT. Then, my sister-in-law Christie and I planned to go to Ann Taylor Loft, but it was such a beautiful day, we decided to go lay by the pool. Yes, we sure did. 70 degrees is hot enough for me, and get this, I got a nice little tan!!! Then Nick and I got ready for our big date nite. We ate at our favorite restaurant, SURIN. When we sat down, Nick was like, "What should we talk about, since we can actually TALK at Dinner?!" Yummy food, and then we headed home to watch a movie. Again, I guess I thrive on chaos, because without a baby to feed, a diaper to change, or a toddler to cuddle, I fell asleep and missed half the movie. Oh well. It was fun to see how the other half lives, but I'm ready to get my babies back!!! Thanks to my Mom and Nick's parents for watching them this weekend, I know the kids had a ball and we got to enjoy some time to ourselves.


1 Comments:
Wow, so that's what it's like to not have kids for a day! I've completely forgotten since it's been well over a year for me! ;)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home