Sunday, July 15, 2007

Making up for lost time...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



Ok, so everyone knows I am NO homebody. I like to go- go- go . (And Avery is just like me!) BUT, this weekend was the first we have all been home since before memorial day. I must say I enjoyed it :) It was nice to hang out in Birmingham and spend some Family time together. We started out the weekend with a dinner at PF Changs (thanks Todd!). Nick wanted to go see a movie afterward, which I am always weary of with Avery...I am always scared we will be the couple with the kid that ruins the movie for everyone, but of course, she was fine. We watched Evan Almighty, so all of the animals kept her pretty interested. She made it about halfway through before dozing off. (The pics above are from the photo booth at the movies.) Avery thought it was a car, and wanted to get on it, so we figured we would have some fun! I don't think I have been in one of those since high school!!! On Saturday, we planned to go to the zoo but it rained all day so we just did a little shopping. Nick wanted to get Avery a mini-trampoline...to which I said ok, but you will be taking her to the E.R. when needed. She loves it! I will post video of that later. We hoped this would stop her from jumping on everything else, but it didn't work. After shopping we went to Brusters and got Avery her new favorite color of ice cream,- purple. Its a shame that we go there so much now she starts saying "hice keem" before we are even in the parking lot! You can see from the pics below she enjoyed her purple dinosaur cone.



Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket









We also got to grill out with Uncle Cayce and Aunt Christie (kiki) and "Uncle" Ben(B) and Linz. Fun times! Oh, I almost forgot. My biggest fear about the whole baby thing happened today. (We've been telling Avery for a while now that Mommy has a baby in her belly..she points to it, plays peek a boo with him, kisses him, etc. VERY cute). Well, we went out for lunch after church and a bigger lady comes up and starts talking to Avery about how cute and smart she is, etc.etc., to which Avery points at her belly and says "Baby!" "Baby!". In Avery's defense, she did have on one of those baby doll tops...I tried to quickly diffuse the situation by saying, "yes, baby, Mommy is having a baby..she tells everyone that..." and the lady quickly said bye bye and walked off. I apologize in advance to anyone Avery may say this to. Honestly, it isn't a weight thing, she points to her own belly and says baby!!

A fun weekend, with Avery making us laugh like crazy as usual!

2 Comments:

At July 17, 2007 at 9:48 PM , Blogger Michelle and Jason said...

Too funny . . . I'm loving it! Avery is too cute for her own good :)

 
At July 22, 2007 at 8:15 PM , Blogger Jenny G said...

HA! That purple mouth is the best!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home