Thrifting....
Ok. I finally got to experience the wonder of thrift store shopping, and I actually had a great first time. I dont like thrift stores. Not that I think I am too good or whatever to shop there, but usually they are messy, unorganized, and dirty- 3 things that do NOT go well with my OCD personality. Then there is the kiddos. I do not have time or patience to search for that special find with a 4 year old and 2 year old under foot. However, several girls at work had been talking about their weekly "thrifting' finds....and I had to find out what all the fuss was about.
I set out with a limit of $25 and a focus on name brands. I am not a brand snob, but if I am gonna buy Old Navy or Target, I will do that online as I do now....using coupons &/or getting free shipping. These clothes are expendable to me and usually end up in a yard sale the next year. Isnt that the point of thrifting anyway? To find that steal???
So, I went to THRIFT MART in Huntsville. The kids were in a good mood, we were on that side of town, so I thought, why not.
Great find #1: Gabiano gown for Avery....retail for these gowns are around $34
Great find #2: Hannah Andersson dress for Aves...retails from $30-54
I got myself a red camel (Belk) lounge dress for work and an Ann Taylor shirt....and then-
The deal of the day...An Isda and Co linen skirt.
Im not sure what season this is, but the one's this year are $136 and UP!!!
MY grand total for all of this...are you ready???
$24!!!
yippee yeah me.
What great finds have you discovered lately?


1 Comments:
Hey! Good buys!!! I love some good bargains, and I am not above a thrift store to get them!! Also, I totally passed my virtual Easter basket your way. It's an easy way to get more money for the Children's Miracle Network. Hershey's donates everytime someone puts up a post about it.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home