Reflection on Rainbows

Ahhhh
There is not much better than a good old worn in pair of shoes. You know, the ones you reach for first everytime you head out the door? The comfy flip flops you have to make yourself put back because they dont match your outfit? The shoes that are so worn you have a footprint in them?
In my case, its the Rainbows.
My absolute favorite shoes. And for good reason. These shoes and I have been through alot. I wish I could remember exactly when I got them. I know it was in Auburn, because I got them at Kinnucans. And I know I was already married, because I remember writing the check with my new " Nick & Lacy Williams" checks....so I'm guestimating I got them in 2002 sometime. 7 years old! WOW.
These shoes bring back various memories- good and bad. I wore them to many aWSP show.Probably every show Ive been to except the New Year's ones! They've made several beach trips- to Jamaica with the hubby, Destin with the girls, Tybee Island with my fam, The Keyes:twice...and of course on several Elk River boat rides.
They have been on my feet to guide me through some of the best times in my life: at the hospital with Davis (Avery was born Dec.23-little cold for flip-floops!), at the beach for Leigh & Josh's wedding, decorating with Linz & the girls last year, on the back porch in Maylene having a chat with Christie, countless times Kate & I were working to get the store open, & when Nick & I signed the papers to buy our first home.
They also held me up for some of the worst times in my life. They are the shoes I would slip on when I drove those long 4 hours from Auburn to see Dad when he was sick. I remember wearing them after his funeral when I walked outside to see where we could plant all of the flowers.
So when you see me in my worn out flip flops...
Yes, I need a new pair. And No, these don't really go with this outfit. But I'm not getting rid of these anytime soon.


3 Comments:
oh lacy!
I could have written this exact same post.
I L-O-V-E my Rainbows. They are my dear friends...seriously. After my first ones fell victim to the gulf of mexico after 4 years, they were replaced within 24 hours and I've had these for going on another 4 years. They are THE BEST!
My favorite part was how you said they really don't go with everything but somehow, someway you just convince yourself that they do :) There is nothin' better than a good ole sundress and these beloved Rainbows on a summer day!
Love this post and YOU!
That's the way I feel about my "uggy" brown ones.
i have a pair of old black Teva flip flops that i just can't bear to part with! i haven't had them for 7 years, but i know i could keep them that long!!
you are such a wonderful writer. you remind me so much of my sister!!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home