Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Worst MOM ever

Davis has his first shiner. Inflicted not by himself, Avery, or an after-school fight, but by his Mommy. I hesitate to even post this, but I need someone to tell me I'm not the most horrible Mommy that ever lived. Let me explain...you've read about my neck problem, you know I am having trouble turning side to side. Well, I was walking into the dining room (hardwood) into the living room (carpet) when I saw Avery climbing in the chair to get into something. As I turned to get on to her, my neck spasmed, caught me off guard and I slipped and fell while holding DAVIS!!! I made myself fall backwards, so he would land on my belly. This would have been perfect, except I clocked him in the eye with my wrist bone. Here is the result:




THat is not a bruise on top, I kissed him. It looks even worse today. Poor baby.

5 Comments:

At April 9, 2008 at 7:45 AM , Blogger Jenny G said...

I am a member of the caused my kids first black eye club too. I was getting V out of her crib, bent down to get her passy out while holding her and bam, smacked her head on the crib rail, a nice black eye for mother's day!

 
At April 9, 2008 at 7:46 AM , Blogger BlessedMom said...

OMG, LACY!! You are the worst mom ever!! J/K! Girl, I can't count the number of times I have injured my children. I'm sure you'll be racking up a list too!

 
At April 9, 2008 at 8:06 AM , Blogger Michelle and Jason said...

Uh, Lacy, this is nothing! I dropped K on the garage floor when she was 10 weeks old. It was much more traumatic for me than it was for her. I think she's okay (sometimes, I wonder), but I'm proud it's taken you this long before one of your children was injured! Now THAT'S an accomplishment!

 
At April 9, 2008 at 8:49 AM , Blogger McKt said...

It always takes us longer to recover than the kids. Look at it this way, it will probably will be the only black eye he receives...he will give the rest. :)

 
At April 9, 2008 at 10:33 PM , Blogger Rebekah D. said...

You are NOT the worst mom ever! When Brody was only three days old, I was cutting off his hospital wristband b/c they forgot to do it when we left DGH, and I cut a plug out of his little knuckle with the scissors. In front of Sandra, no less. I cried harder than he did. It's almost 3 1/2 years later, and he still has a scar. I'd like to say that's the last time I stepped on, elbowed, cut, tripped over, etc., my kids, but I'd be lying. Usually it's on accident! ;-) He'll heal just fine, and you'll laugh about it later. You're a great mom!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home