Friday, April 11, 2008

I heart Spinach Pie!





Words I never thought would come out of my mouth. I would like to thank my friend Michelle for opening my eyes to a whole new world of GOOD food!!!
I took the kids to the Lebanese Food & Culture Festival today. Avery tried Lebanese Ice Cream and Kaak. We sampled some sweet bread and other goodies and then I bought some plates to take home. Nick and I had: Baked kibbee(well, he did...), grape leaves, spinach pie, rice, green beans (Ioobia), Lebanese Salad, pita bread & hummus. After trying to "learn" the kids some culture, Avery got in the car and said, "I want chicken and french fries." Oh well I tried. And if you are in the Birmingham area, check it out!!!

2 Comments:

At April 11, 2008 at 8:49 PM , Blogger Pat Williams said...

Sounds like y'all had your cultural experience for the week. I'm w/Aves. I had Roosters for supper.

 
At April 11, 2008 at 10:11 PM , Blogger Michelle and Jason said...

Lacy, thank you so much for experiencing something that means so much to me. I really can't even begin to tell you how much that means to me; you are the greatest!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home