Saturday, February 9, 2008

I did it!


I ran/walked my first 5K today! It was the Mercedes Marathon in downtown Birmingham. It benefited Childrens Hospital Kids one transport, so I thought why not? Unlike most people, I didn't train for this. I wanted to do a 5k first to see if I liked it, then train and really "run" one later. I had a blast and I am so glad my friend Michelle ran with me. We finished just under 50 minutes. Dont laugh, we are gonna beat that time in the next race!

7 Comments:

At February 9, 2008 at 11:48 AM , Blogger Michelle and Jason said...

If that old "you look familiar to me" guy can make it in just under 40 minutes, we can too!!! Looking forward to the next time . . .

 
At February 9, 2008 at 7:42 PM , Blogger Pat Williams said...

Way to go girls!!!

 
At February 9, 2008 at 10:58 PM , Blogger Rebekah D. said...

Kudos! I'm warning you, running is one of those things that hooks you once you start. I went from being a fat little elementary school kid who could barely finish a mile to running six miles a day when I was at UNA - and loving it. Then I had kids, quit running and got fat again. I MISS it! I can't wait to get started back after I have this baby; walking just doesn't cut it. And I'd like to go from being a big fat mama to being a "hot mama!" We can always dream...

 
At February 9, 2008 at 10:58 PM , Blogger Rebekah D. said...

Kudos! I'm warning you, running is one of those things that hooks you once you start. I went from being a fat little elementary school kid who could barely finish a mile to running six miles a day when I was at UNA - and loving it. Then I had kids, quit running and got fat again. I MISS it! I can't wait to get started back after I have this baby; walking just doesn't cut it. And I'd like to go from being a big fat mama to being a "hot mama!" We can always dream...

 
At February 9, 2008 at 10:58 PM , Blogger Rebekah D. said...

Whoops! Sorry about the double post!

 
At February 10, 2008 at 7:32 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

You go girls!

 
At February 10, 2008 at 8:40 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look at you! I am proud of you.

Mandy

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home