Thursday, March 13, 2008

I'm old.

But its okay.

I got a dose of reality last nite.I saw three girls at Publix with Phi Mu shirts on. I told them hi, said I was a phi mu years ago. They said "Really, when?" I said, "Oh, I graduated in 99." I could see the look of fear in their eyes! Then I thought 99!!! That IS a long time ago.

I distinctly remember one beach trip in college, several of us were hanging out, and a Mom with a little girl and boy came up and said Hi to us, told us she was an alum, we exchanged pleasantries, and she walked away. One of my friends said, "So thats what we have to look forward to. Bet she wishes she was still in college like us."
However, I really thought at that time- I would love for that to be me in 10 years. A girl and boy on each hip, happily married, enjoying the beach. I realized what I have now is all I ever really wanted.

(Except that college bikini body- but my kids are worth a few stretch marks and cellulite!)

2 Comments:

At March 13, 2008 at 3:50 PM , Blogger Jenny G said...

Nah, you're not old, those Phi Mus are just snobby!

 
At March 14, 2008 at 9:29 PM , Blogger Rebekah D. said...

I'm with you, sister! College was fun, but I'm glad to be where I am now, with my family who I love so much, even if they do drive me crazy sometimes! Just let me know if you ever find a miracle cure for those stretch marks and cellulite - I'll be the first in line. Tankinis aren't THAT bad, are they?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home